Sunday, June 16, 2013

A closet full of clothes...but I have nothing to wear!

As a mom of two, my days and thoughts are now spent on planning and thinking ahead. Always. From what are we going to eat...to WHAT ARE WE GOING TO WEAR!

With Father's Day being today (Happy Father's day ladies btw), aside from thinking what I can buy my husband, and managing my morning so we're out of the house and in time for our brunch reservations, I'm trying to put an outfit together in my head as I'm feeding the little guy his bottle.

"I like the outfit I had on yesterday. Skinny jeans and a black top...maybe I would throw on some wedges though since we're having lunch out today, oh wait...I just bought all these new tops! Oh and that chevron sun dress? Maybe I'll wear THAT instead...but we have all summer, I'm sure they'll be more occasions. Ok, I'll wear the jeans but maybe with a different top. Let me get some use out of the size 10 skinny jeans for what it's worth..."

Here's something you should know about me: if I've worn it once, chances are, you may never see me wear it again. Call me cliché or snobby or materialistic, I have this weird idea that because I remember events and people by the clothes they were wearing, others do too. This is why it's a battle for me trying to look the best that I can and not spend a fortune on clothes...every week! And also, my ass use to be a size 3 so until I loose this baby weight, I'm challenged a little bit more now.

Here's what I've concluded: mix & match! Changing up a pair of jeans from flats to wedges and tops from T's, short sleeve, long sleeve, sleeveless to throwing a cardigan over a tank top, belt no belt...will change your entire look completely!

There's no reason why this new top you bought can't be worn underneath a lightweight jacket after you've worn it with a hot pair of jeans...last week. Dress it UP with high wedges or dress it DOWN with cute flat sandals. And don't forget, always accessorize with big jewelry to bring out a whole new style to your outfit!

Can any of you relate or am I just cray-cray?!



No comments:

Post a Comment