Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"Je mouiles mes cheveux, mais je ne les laves pas!" ~Antoine

Let me translate this for you ladies: "I wet my hair, but I don't wash them".

Antoine was my hairdresser in Canada some years ago. He opened a little French Cafe Salon in the neighborhood, he had a Parisian accent, blue eyes and dirty blond hair. Very excentric and european, he gave me the best hair tip advise! One was to never cut the length of your hair in the shape of a V. Always trim it straight at the bottom, this will give you the "oumf" and volume and bounce.

Another tip he gave me, was as my title suggests "wet your hair, don't wash them". We all know that washing your hair everyday will dry up your scalp and we need the oil build up as a natural moisturizer. As much as your shampoo is water based, you still need to take a break from it. So, truth be told, you can wash your hair everyday, but not use your shampoo everyday.

Hair grows from the roots, and it's important to take care of your roots. Your hair isn't oily because it's "dirty" you just have an oily scalp. And if this is the case for you, it's safer to use a dry shampoo to avoid washing your hair everyday, or simply WET your head in the shower without the chemicals.

I have yet to get in the shower and just "wet" my hair though. Except for my "bangs" period when I would wet them daily underneath the sink to get them to straighten again. I generally don't have oily hair and can get away with just washing them twice a week. Can't tell, can you?

So, if you're looking for hair advise on your oily scalp, try this: "mouille mais ne les laves pas!"

Have a great day les filles! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment