Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fierce, Fabulous...Full Figured!


Good morning ladies!

I’m in a complete blissful time in my life right now! My second baby boy, born May 8th is 15 days old today. Weighing in at 8lbs and 8oz, and 21 ½” long, I’m just more relieved that the little guy is out of my cramped up belly and into the world where we admire him, hold him tightly and give him all the TLC he deserves!

Along with my beautiful baby boy, came post-pregnancy weight. I now rock another body completely out of my comfort zone. At my doctor’s appointment, I was weighed at 146lbs which is great seeing that I weighed 163lbs when I had my son…yet, my pre-pregnancy weight is 115lbs! Phew! So, slowly but surely, I have 31lbs to go to feel like me again. I know I can do it!!
 
Here’s my new venture: How Do I Dress A Full Figured Body?

For one thing, I remind myself (as you should too) I am banging gorgeous just the way I am! And I have confidence, therefore I will flaunt it! Here’s how you can find your inner fashionista, and try these fun, flirty tips for full figured spring fashion:

1. Find your most fabulous feature:  is it your hips? Your legs? Full figured spring fashion is all about embracing your body. Pick your favorite feature and there is a trend that will show it off to perfection.

2. Have you chosen your favorite bodily feature? Great! Now make it stand out! For instance, skirts, dresses and cigarette pants will show off your legs. Are your hips your favorite feature? Don’t hide them! Look for tailored pieces that hug your hips instead of hiding them. Tastefully show off your breasts with subtle cut-outs and fitted button up tops.
 
3. Focus on Soft Flowing styles: I bet you thought that you need to avoid flowy shirts and shapeless and hanging pieces. The key is balance. If you wear a soft draped top, make sure your pants or skirt is fitted. Same applies if you go for a full maxi skirt, wear a more fitted top. For a dress that flows, tailor it yourself and add a belt or blazer.

4. Show Some Skin. It’s quite alright. And I’m not talking about a tank top that barely covers your belly. I’m talking about sheer materials, one-shoulder tops or dresses to show off the curves of your shoulders and the length of your neck.
 
5. Three Quarter Fabulosity! Blouses, cardigans, three-quarter sleeves lengthen your arms and are practical in this season that veers between hot and cold. Make sure they are fitted sleeves and avoid draped sleeves that are too long.

6. Praise those Prints: it’s the season for prints and you shouldn’t fear them. Forget the rule where you need to avoid horizontal stripes across your bosom and opt for more vertical ones. Polka dots, plaids and florals in cohesive colors and themes, and smaller patterns are just as appealing for a full figured body when paired with a solid pant or vise versa. Keep it simple without distracting your viewers.

7. Your hemline. Although this will depend on the weather, your comfort or your most fabulous feature, you don’t have to stick to extremely long, ankle length hems. Play with knee-length and pencil skirts or dresses. Accessorize with adorable shoes or strappy sandals to show off some skin!

Be fierce and fabulous this spring ladies! Try these trends, I promise they will work for you because your comfort and confidence matter most!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment