Saturday, July 13, 2013

Should you be sleeping in your bra?

Let me put it this way…either your breasts are supported for 8 hours…or they are not.

Personally, I prefer the support.  But I’ve always wondered if it was good for you?

Sagging or changes in the breast are due to pregnancy and breastfeeding, along with time and gravity.  And speaking of gravity, if your breasts are being held up, they're going to stay up a lot longer. When you take your bra off at the end of the day, they're a lot higher than when you put it on in the morning.  Right?

This may very well be another beauty myth of an old wives tale or it could be a matter of fact. I can tell you this though, there is no real connection between sleeping in a bra and breast cancer; however wearing a bra at night could offer more support or comfort, if needed.

Women with A or B cups probably don’t think about this, but women with D-DD cups might. It can’t be completely uncomfortable sleeping in your bra if you choose the right one. You might want to rethink an underwire because that will definitely cause discomfort and even bruising where parts are being dug in to your skin..
 
I wear a bra to sleep because it feels more comfortable.  And with more reason seeing that I wake up to two beautiful boys every morning, who knows what the day will entail so I consider myself half dressed by just keeping my bra on from the day straight into the night.

If you’re thinking about this, and you’re about to embark as a first time “overnight bra-wearer” your best bet is to choose a lightweight, non-underwire bra.  I love the camisole pajamas with the built in support.  

But ladies, don’t get too comfortable with this.  I’m all about staying comfy but DO wear a supported bra that accentuate and flatter your boobs rather than making them look like they’ve dropped down to your waist line.  Young or old, get yourself measured properly and invest in a good bra and wear it proud!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment